Material on this website (“Material”) is intended to contain information which may be of interest. The Material is not, and is not intended to be, advice on which any person should act. The Material may be updated and amended from time to time, but this may occur infrequently. We endeavour to take care in compiling the Material, but it may contain inaccuracies.
The Internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this website may be intercepted or altered in transit. We do not warrant that the website is free from anything which may damage any computer which accesses the website or data on such computer.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude completely all liability to any person for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the Material or any use of this website. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus.
We make no warranties or representations about this website or any of the Material. We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website or the Material. Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of this website or the content is limited to the extent provided for by the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010). To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss.
Unless otherwise indicated, we reserve all copyright in the content and design of this website. We own all such copyright or use it under licence or applicable law. You may make a temporary copy of part or all of this website on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing it, and print a single hard copy of a whole page of this website for personal use, provided that any copyright notice on such page is not removed. You may not, in any form, or by any means otherwise reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the content or design of this website; cause any of the Material to be framed or embedded in another website; or commercialise any information, products or services on this website, except with our prior consent written or as permitted by applicable copyright legislation.
We own and use the trade marks “Australian Specialist Cheesemakers' Association" and "australiancheese.org" and reserve all rights in relation to them. Other product and company names referred to on this website may be trade marks owned by third parties.
When you purchase an event ticket, membership or other thing from or relating to ASCA, whether online through this website, offline or through any other means, and whether ASCA or some other person is the seller, (Purchase) you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your Purchase cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as required by law or otherwise specified by the seller.
2. ASCA reserves the right to retain any fee charged in relation to the Purchase except as required by law.
3. For events, ASCA reserves the right to change advertised programs and their respective content, dates and times, prices, venues, seating and standing arrangements, audience numbers and capacities, and the right of admission generally.
4. ASCA reserves the right to record, broadcast or telecast any event. If you are photographed, filmed or taped while attending an ASCA event, you consent to ASCA or any third party appointed or approved by ASCA photographing, filming and taping you, and broadcasting, publishing, licensing and using any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation. ASCA, the third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to you in any way for its use.
5. Ticket holders enter the venue for any event at their own risk, and ASCA will not be responsible for any loss, injury or liability to any person of any kind arising from or relating in any way to the event.
6. As ASCA is an Australian entity, all prices listed on or through our website are in Australian dollars only, and all credit cards will be charged in Australian dollars. GST will apply to Purchases, and all prices listed on or through our website include GST.
7. You must allow adequate time for the collection or delivery of tickets, if relevant. Methods of collection or delivery will be specified at the time of your ordering the Purchase.
8. ASCA will only process an order once billing information has been verified, and the supply of incorrect information may delay the processing of orders.
9. If you become a member of ASCA and provide us with any information, photographs or other material about yourself, your business or any other subject matter (Member Profile Information), you consent to ASCA using and publishing that Member Profile Information as ASCA sees fit, whether on this website or otherwise, subject to any restriction you specify when you give us the information. ASCA is not liable to you or any other person in any way for the use of any Member Profile Information, whether on this website or otherwise.
This website may contain links to websites at domains other than ours. Such sites may be controlled or produced by third parties. Except as indicated, we do not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such websites or any content on them, nor do we provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of those websites or their content.
You must not create or maintain any link from another website to this website without our written consent.
You need not disclose your identity to us in order to use this website. However, this website may use “cookies” to collect anonymous traffic data from users who access this website. Our internet server may also automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve this website.
ASCA may use information provided by its members for keeping them informed about special promotions, events and other special offers and discounts relevant to ASCA and its members program; and for planning, research, marketing and product and service development. Aggregated (or de-identified) data may be shared with approved business partners from time to time, for analysis and research purposes. It may also be used in the development of products and services and promotional offers.
ASCA may also collect financial information from you (such as credit card information) in order to transact payments relating to Purchases, but we do not store such information. When you make a Purchase from or through ASCA, your card details are encrypted and transmitted securely to our bank.
In all cases where ASCA retains your personal information, we treat it the same way as we treat our other confidential information. We do not sell (or otherwise make available) the information to any other organisation, unless required to do so by law.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you can ask us to modify our records.
When you email us, we will record your email address but only use it for the purpose for which you provided it. Other personal information collected by us (for example through the use of an online form) will only be collected with your consent and by lawful and fair means, and used for a purpose which will be clear and explicit (such as to send you our newsletters).